Provisions ought to include programs for self-esteem, social relationships, moral development, sexuality, health and personal safety.
Drug awareness education and programs dealing with grief and loss should also be included in the school’s pastoral curriculum.
Such curriculum provision is essentially concerned with deeper understandings of how individual students learn, with attention to the quality of teaching, differing learning styles, variety of approaches and based upon principles of social justice.
This will be achieved as we…
- enhance the social skilling program;
- train school staff, parents and parishioners in the ‘Seasons’ program;
- support the professional development program for school staff;
- develop drug awareness and christian education in sexuality programs;
- develop a whole school health and personal development program;
- develop processes to support students with particular needs.