Quite apart from the inherent sense of satisfaction and enrichment experienced in mastering a foreign language, Italian offers the opportunity to enhance vocational prospects.
At St. Martin de Porres school we believe that learning a language, therefore, offers students the opportunity to…
- use the language to communicate with its speakers,
- understand how language operates as a system and, through comparison, how other languages, including English, are structured and function,
- gain direct insights into the culture or cultures which give the language its life and meaning,
- consider their own culture, and compare it with the culture of countries, and communities where the language is spoken, and
- add to their general knowledge.